Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tea Review: Silk Oolong (Red Blossom Tea Company)


In general, I like oolong teas, but I've found they tend to have quite a wide range of flavors and textures and aromas (perhaps the variety and complexity is why I love Oolong.)

Red Blossom Tea Company's Silk Oolong is a milk-infused variety; as soon as I opened the canister and took a whiff, I was hooked. The smell is mild, rich, creamy, smoky, and musky all at once, perhaps a little bit like cavendish pipe tobacco; earthy and sweet at the same time.
Brewed up, this tea imparts a flavor very similar to the aroma: rich and complex, natural and sweet with a balanced oxidation providing just the right hints of musk or smoke to the flavor. I am going to come right out and say it: this is the best tea I have ever had in my entire life so far.

No comments: